The Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Administration (hereinafter referred to in the text as the - Fund Administration) is an institution subordinated to the direct control of the Minister for the Environment.
The Fund Administration carries out the functions prescribed in the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Law.
The Fund Administration carries out the tasks prescribed in the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Law, and additionally:
1. Prepares the revenues and expenditures cost estimate for the inclusion of the "Environmental Protection Fund" budget programme for the next commercial year in the budget request of the Ministry of the Environment;
2. Places information in the home page of the Ministry of the Environment and the Fund Administration regarding organised tenders and the deadlines for the submission of proposals for the receipt of funding for projects announced;
3. If necessary, shall recruit experts and specialists for the evaluation of project proposals or shall request opinions from other State institutions regarding the conformity of projects to policy planning documents;
4. Collates and evaluates reports regarding the course of the implementation of projects and the course of the spending of allocated funds;
5. Submits for project proposals for review by the Advisory Council of the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund;
6. Manages the funds allocated from the State budget to the Fund Administration effectively and in a goal-orientated manner;
7. If necessary, ensures the auditing of a project financed from the resources of the fund during the period of the implementation of the fund, in order to evaluate the quality of its implementation and the conformity of the spending of the resources to the agreement entered into with the Fund Administration;
8. Publishes the decisions of Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Council (hereinafter referred to in the text as the - Fund Council) and the Advisory Council on the Internet homepage of the Fund Administration;
9. Notifies project applicants in writing about the decision of the Fund Council regarding its support or rejection of projects;
10. In accordance with the decision of the Fund Council, enters into an agreement with a private person or local government or an agreement with the State environmental protection institution regarding the funding of a project, providing the procedure for the funding of the project, as well as the rights, duties and responsibility of the Fund Administration, project applicant and contractor during the period of the implementation of the project and following the completion of the project;
11. Informs the Fund Council in the event that a recipient of the resources of the Fund is not utilising the resources which it has been allocated for the jobs provided for in the project application in conformity with a decision made by the Fund Council or in accordance with the contract or agreement entered into with the Latvian Environmental Protection Fund Administration, or fails to utilise the resources which it has been allocated within the deadline specified, as well as in the event that the recipient of the resources of the Fund fails to submit reports regarding the implementation of the project within the deadlines specified in the relevant agreement;
12. In accordance with a decision made by the Fund Council, issues a written request that the recipient of the resources of the fund repays the resources which have not been utilised or which have not been utilised appropriately into the account of the "Environmental Protection Fund" budget programme.